A fricassee is a stew recipe usually made with chicken bits roasted and then cooked in sauce, originally from Britain and/or France. The recipe here is a vegetarian fricassee recipe version with green and white asparagus and onions.
Try a simple soup/main course, the asparagus, and onion fricassee recipe. Easy to make, full of flavor and nutrition, this simple spring dish with asparagus is a must-try.
Asparagus and Onion Fricassee Recipe
- 750 g green asparagus
- 750 g white asparagus
- 30 g butter
- 30 g flour
- 20 ml sour cream
- 3 green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped green parsley
- Boil the asparagus and keep 500 ml from the water in which it has boiled.
- Chop the onions and sauté the white parts in butter.
- Add the flour while stirring and then pour the 500 ml liquid.
- When it comes to a boil, add the sour cream, and continue cooking on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Cut the asparagus into 4 cm pieces, and put them in the white sauce along with the parsley.
- Allow the fricassee to boil for another 3 minutes.
- Serve the asparagus fricassee with chopped green onion on top.