Hello! This recipe is a wholesome breakfast dish that the whole family will love. It is not your ordinary breakfast casserole, because it comes with some twists.
If you’re looking for a delicious breakfast recipe that has them all, this breakfast bake with cheese and bacon is a must-do! Let’s get into the recipe!
Breakfast Casserole with Cheese and Bacon
- 900 g potatoes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 Julien cut onions
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 200 g bacon cut in large pieces
- 100 g grated cheese
- 4 sliced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat up the oven.
- Boil the potatoes for approximately 8 minutes.
- Allow them to cool and then grate them.
- Sauté the onion, then add the garlic and bacon and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Mix the potatoes with the sautéed onion and bacon, and then add the cheese and mix.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Put the mix in a heat-resistant glass form, which has been previously greased.
- Add the tomato slices on top.
- Mix a bit of oil with the chopped green parsley and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.