The difference between a Bhaja and breaded or fried veggies is in the condiment mix. Indian Bhaja uses a specific spice blend that gives the cauliflower extra flavor and spiciness. If you love Indian cuisine and vegetables, then this broccoli and cauliflower Bhaja recipe is a must-try!
Cauliflower and Broccoli Bhaja Recipe
- 50 g flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground carraway
- 1 teaspoon garam Masala
- 150 ml of water
- 450 g cauliflower and broccoli cut into small bouquets
- Oil for frying
- Mix the flour with the spices and a little salt.
- Add the water and mix until you get a homogeneous batter.
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli bouquets in the batter.
- Heat the oil and fry the veggies for 5 minutes, until browned.
- Serve hot with curry sauce or basmati rice.