Discover a gourmet French tart recipe, the delicious cheese and onion tart recipe, a savory pie that will leave your guests impressed! French know their tarts.
And a tart is always a sophisticated and amazing looking dish. When you know how to make a savory tart, you can pass as a pro chef! While it may sound difficult, our cheese and onion tart recipe here is easy to make and definitely worth it.
Let’s get into it!
Cheese and Onion Tart Recipe
For the tart dough
- 250 g flour
- 150 g margarine
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
For the filling
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 large finely chopped onions
- 3 beaten eggs
- 150 ml of milk
- 250 g grated cheese
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl, add the margarine and mix until the dough looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Add water to form a soft dough.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions for 5 minutes.
- Put the onions into a bowl, add the eggs, the milk and cheese and season.
- Stretch the dough into the tart oven tray, 20 cm in diameter.
- Pour the mixture and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.