Cheese pie is such a food staple in the US and not only. So we figured to share with you the simplest cheese pie recipe, a delicious dish that we absolutely love.
We guarantee that you’ll also love this cheese pie! The recipe asks for simple ingredients, such as flour, eggs, butter, and cheese, of course. It is ready baked in 30 minutes and the ingredients of this recipe are very easy to follow.
This cheese pie recipe is a must-try. Cook it like a pro, with the recipe below!
Cheese Pie Recipe
For the Pie Dough
- 100 g flour
- 100 g whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 125 ml water
- 75 g butter cut in cubes
For the Pie Filling
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml fat cream
- 2 tsp mustard
- 175 g grated cheese
- 50 g cheese cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven.
- Mix the two types of flour and the paprika with a whisk.
- Melt the butter with the water in a pan.
- Then add the flour mix in the melted butter, add the water too and mix until you get a soft dough.
- Leave aside for 15 minutes.
- Spread the dough in an oven pie tray, 23 cm in diameter.
- Line the tray with parchment paper, then bake the pie dough for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool down.
- Rub the yolks with the cream and mustard and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese and thyme too and mix well.
- Whisk the egg whites well and incorporate them into the filling.
- Pour the filling onto the pie and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Your cheese pie is ready and delicious!
If you enjoyed our simple cheese pie, we recommend that you also try our cheese and onion tart recipe, that you find here.