Cheesy potato nuggets are a delicious side dish or even main course, with salsa and salad. Fried nuggets are kids’ favorites and we have to admit we love them too. Savory, full of aroma, and absolutely delicious!
But this vegetarian nuggets recipe here comes with a twist. It combines the heartiness of potatoes with the savory taste of melted cheese. We assure you the potato nuggets is a recipe you cannot refuse. Here it goes!
Cheesy Potato Nuggets Recipe
- 450 g potatoes cubes
- 50 g butter
- 75 g grated cheese
- 50 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 green onion chopped
- Oil for frying (coconut oil preferred)
- Boil the potatoes for 6-8 minutes.
- Drain and mix with 25 g butter and 60 g grated cheese.
- Season and leave to cool.
- Heat up 125 ml of water in a pan, along with the remaining butter.
- Add the flour and boil over low heat until the composition is sizzling.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs and the milk until the mix becomes soft.
- Add the potatoes to the mixture.
- Heat up the frying oil in a pan.
- Spoon the composition into the oil to make the nuggets.
- Fry the cheesy potato nuggets until golden brown.
- Serve hot with green onion and cheese on top and salsa dip.