The classic potato omelet recipe never gets old. And the reason is that potatoes and eggs make such a great pair together, and a hearty meal for breakfast. This is a filling and delicious breakfast recipe you will love.
Here is how you can make it at home.
Classic Potato Omelet Recipe
- 225 g new potatoes
- 225 g spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 onion cut in rounds
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tomatoes
- 200 g lettuce leaves
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes.
- Put the spinach and nutmeg in a saucepan, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the resulted water and chop the spinach.
- Heat up oil in a pan, add the garlic and the onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Then add the potatoes and spinach and leave on the fire for another minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Cook until the bottom of the omelet has turned brown.
- Turn on the oven in the meantime.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with slices of tomatoes and serve with green salad.