Here we want to share with you a savory autumn veggies cobbler recipe, where seasonal root veggies are the key ingredient. This is a vegetarian cobbler that you can turn vegan if you replace the animal products in the cobbler dough with plant-based alternatives.
Cobblers are a staple British food, either sweet or savory, very popular throughout the United States. The reason? It is easy to make and delicious. Try a simple and delicious autumn veggies cobbler recipe with the season’s legumes. Tell us how it turned out.
Easy Autumn Veggies Cobbler Recipe
For the cobbler filling:
- 350 g carrots cubes
- 350 g potatoes cubes
- 350 g of kohlrabi cubes
- 350 g of zucchini cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 25 g butter
- 25 g flour
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 300 ml milk
- 150 ml sour cream
- 2 leeks sliced
For the cobbler dough:
- 100 g butter
- 450 g flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 175 g of cheese
- 225 ml milk
- Boil the vegetables for 3-4 minutes then drain.
- Heat up the oil and sauté the chopped onion for 3-4 minutes, then add the butter.
- When the butter has melted add the flour and cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add the mustard, the milk and the sour cream and stir.
- Now add the vegetables, bring to boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, add the leeks, season and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the mix into a heat resistant oven tray.
- Turn on the oven.
- Rub the butter with the flour until it looks like bread crumbs.
- Add the aromatic herbs and cheese to the mix, and then the milk.
- Spread a 1.5 cm thick sheet of the cobbler dough.
- Cut out 6 cm diameter rounds from the dough sheet.
- Place the dough rounds on the sides of the oven tray, over the veggie mix.
- Sprinkle with milk and grated cheese.
- Bake the autumn veggie cobbler for 15-20 minutes.