Try our simple easy baked cauliflower cheese recipe here and you’ll fall in love with this veggie. Cauliflower cheese bake or cauliflower gratin is one of the most delicious vegetarian recipes out there.
Why Baked Cauliflower Cheese Recipe?
If you love cauliflower, after you make this recipe you will love it even more. Baked cauliflower cheese is a simple recipe with very few ingredients but an amazing taste.
You can even make vegan cauliflower cheese if you replace regular cheese with vegan cheese and the cow milk with unsweetened vegetal milk of your choice. Definitely a must-try!
Easy Baked Cauliflower Cheese Recipe
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 40 g butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 300 ml milk
- 100 g shredded cheese
- Break the cauliflower into large bouquets and boiling water until it begins to soften.
- Drain and put it in a heat-resistant oven pan.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook on low heat for 1 minute, while stirring.
- Take off the heat and gradually add the milk.
- Put it back on the fire, and simmer until thickened.
- Add the cheese and season.
- Mix until you get a homogenous béchamel sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower bouquets and sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is lightly browned.