Discover a simple vegetarian dish: eggplants with hot sauce recipe, an Asian inspired fried eggplants dish. This spicy eggplants dish is simple to make and super-delicious. And if you thought eppplants don’t go with chilli, you will change your mind after making this recipe.
Asian-Style Eggplants with Hot Sauce
Spicy fried eggplant is such a savory side dish. If you want to veganize this recipe, replace the chicken stock with a veggie broth and there you have it. Try this easy peasy recipe and fall in love with eggplants once and for all. Here goes.
Eggplants with Hot Sauce Recipe
- 500 g eggplant
- chili flakes
- 10 ml soy sauce
- 30 ml white wine
- 80 ml chicken stock
- Peel the eggplants and cut them in thin slices diagonally.
- Fry the eggplant slices in a little oil.
- Remove and place in an oil-free pan.
- Saute them with garlic and chili, to taste.
- Add the soy sauce, wine, chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the starch mixed with a little water, just enough to thicken to turn the juices into a sauce.
- Serve with boiled rice.