This grilled cheese eggplant and tomato platter is a light, delicious, and spectacular appetizer. Cook like a pro and amaze your guests with this Mediterranean inspired recipe. Easy, healthy, and delicious, we present to you our cheese, eggplant and tomato appetizer platter.
Cheese, Eggplant and Tomato Platter
- 1 large eggplant cut into slices
- 1 tbsp salt
- 8 tbsp oil
- 4 sliced tomatoes
- 225 g cheese cut into slices haloumi or telemea cheese
- 1 butter lettuce
- 1 endive
- 12 black olives
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- Place the eggplant slices in a strainer and sprinkle with salt.
- Leave them to drain, then wash with cold water and wipe with paper towels.
- Grease the eggplant slices with 2 tablespoons oil, and grill them for 5 minutes, until they turn golden.
- Grease the tomatoes slices with 1 tablespoon of oil and grill for 4 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Grease the cheese slices with 1 tablespoon of oil and chill them too for 4 minutes, until they lightly melt and turn golden.
- Arrange the butter lettuce and endive leaves on a platter.
- Put the eggplant and tomato slices and then the grilled cheese on top.
- Decorate the platter with olives and the remaining oil and vinegar.