A grilled cheese sandwich is such an American staple food. Comfort, convenient, and delicious. The recipe here comes with a delicious twist for the grilled cheese sandwich. Sautéed veggies add the next level flavor to this recipe, and they make the cheese sandwich a bit more healthy.
Sandwiches don’t require too much cooking skills, but there’s always the good, the bad, and the ugly-good. We want to share with you a recipe that will not just make you a great grilled sandwich, but also one that looks good. You should definitely try the recipe here and everyone will think you’re a pro chef. Here we go!
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Sauteed Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 large red onion cut into quarters
- 225 g sliced mushrooms
- 175 g spinach leaves
- 4 thick slices of white bread
- 125 g grated cheese
- Turn the oven on high heat.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and soften for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer until softened.
- Toast the bread.
- Put the sautéed vegetables on the bread, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with generous layer of grated cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese has melted.
- Serve right away.