If you want to try a totally different salad recipe, from all the salads you’ve ever had before, then you totally need to try our super-simple mackerel and potatoes salad recipe. It’s super EASY to make and so, so delicious! We absolutely guarantee. Especially if you’re a fan of the mackerel fish and love the fish and potatoes combination.
Delish Mackerel and Potatoes Salad Recipe
This recipe comes from Spain, where they love their mackerel fish very much with potatoes and olives in the same dish. Here they make plenty of delicious mackerel recipes, one of which we’re going to share with you below. Ready to make the mackerel and potatoes salad? Let’s go!
Mackerel and Potatoes Salad Recipe
- 1 Cooking pot
- 600 g Potatoes
- 2 cans Mackerels in olive oil (7 oz/200 g of mackerel without brine/olive oil)
- 2 Onions (medium-sized)
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 50 g Olives
- Boil the potatoes with their peels on, peel and cut into small cubes.
- Pot the potatoes in a salad bowl, and add the mackerel pieces over, and the olive oil from only one of the two mackarel cans. (If you use mackerel in brine or water, drain and add the mackerel pieces over the potatoes, and 2 tbsp of olive oil). Season with salt to taste.
- Thinly slice the onions and layer them on the edge of the salad onions togeher tith the olives.
- The potatoes and mackerel salad is tastier if prepared an hour or two before serving. Enjoy!