Want a simple and delicious alternative to hummus? Try out our simple and easy-to-make mashed beans spread recipe, a great alternative to hummus, but just as delicious or even better. What makes this mashed beans spread recipe so delicious is that it has the fats from the oil, as well as that flavor from the onion, and is a super-easy vegan recipe.
Why Make The Mashed Beans Spread?
There are numerous reasons to make the beans spread recipe, as an alternative to hummus. But I only give you 3 reasons to make this recipe:
- Is ready in 5 minutes
- Tastes super-delicious
- Makes a great alternative to hummus
- Is cheap to make
- Is vegan!
I’m already mouthwatering as I write this recipe down. If you’re ready, let’s make the mashed beans spread recipe together. Let’s go!
Mashed Beans Spread Recipe (VEGAN)
- 1 Food Processor
- 350 g Boiled beans (1 13 oz jar) (both kidney or cannelli beans are good)
- 100 g Sunflower oil (35 oz)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Onion (medium-sized)
- Drain the beans well and mash them with a fork, or add them to a food processor and blend, slowly adding the sunflower oil.
- Add the lemon juice too and salt to taste, and continue mixing.
- When ready, add the finely chopped onion, give the spread a good stir and serve. This is an inexpensive and very tasty salad/spread.