The mashed potato patties recipe here with crispy bacon and fried eggs is a tasty breakfast alternative. If you want to fancy up your regular breakfast or surprise someone with a new breakfast recipe, here you have it.
Mashed potato patties are old fashioned cakes, but with fried eggs and bacon, this recipe has a fresh (and filling) twist. You’ll love the patties made with mashed potatoes instead of the usual grated potatoes. Try it and let us know how it turned out.
Mashed Potato Patties with Eggs and Bacon
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 finely chopped leek
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 30 g finely chopped olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 5 eggs
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 8 slices of bacon
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the leek in a tablespoon of oil over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Strain and mash the potatoes.
- Add the leeks, olives, half of the parsley quantity, salt and pepper to the mash.
- Shape 4 potato cakes and leave them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Beat 1 egg.
- Pass the cakes through the egg, and then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat up the remaining oil and fry the cakes for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon until it becomes crispy.
- Fry the 4 eggs left.
- Cover each hot potato cake with a fried egg and serve with 2 slices of bacon.