Looking for appetizer ideas? Try the mini tomatoes and mozzarella pastries recipe here. These mini pastries loaded with Mozarella cheese, tomatoes and a saute onion and veggie mix are absolutely delicious.
Even more, they look adorable on an appetizer serving platter. Easy to make and super-savory, the mini tomatoes and mozzarella tarts recipe here is one that you will fall in love with. Let’s get started!
Mini Tomatoes and Mozzarella Pastries Recipe
- 8 pastry shells/tart shells
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion cut in slices
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 175 g small tomatoes cut in half
- 75 g olives seedless
- 100 g Mozzarella cut into cubes
- 3 beaten eggs
- 150 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons green basil
- Turn on the oven.
- Heat up the oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes add the crushed garlic cloves, and then add the bell peppers and cook for another 3 minutes and take off the fire.
- Add the tomatoes, olives and mozzarella cheese in the sautéed onion mixture.
- Mix the eggs with milk and basil.
- Split the vegetable mixture in the 8 pastry shells and then pour over the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top in each shell.
- Bake the mini pastries for 10-15 minutes, until the filling is cooked.
- Serve the pastries cold with green salad, as appetizers.