Try a simple mushroom cake with cream sauce recipe, Pastel de Cedas from Spain. This recipe here is an authentic Spanish recipe cake with mushrooms as the main ingredient. In addition, the recipe asks for a delicious cream sauce to pour on top of the savory mushroom pastry.
Why this Savory Mushroom Cake Recipe?
If you try the Spanish Pastel de Cedas recipe here sure you’ll make the recipe again and again. Simple, savory, and filled with mushrooms: the mushroom pastry with cream sauce recipe is right below!
Mushroom Cake with Cream Sauce Recipe
For the filling:
- 250 g mushrooms
- 2 chopped onions
- 9 eggs
- 1 large leek
- 6 slices of cheese
- 500 g sour cream
- 1 glass of oil
- tomato juice
For the cream sauce:
- 50 g butter
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- Fresh basil
- Saute the onion and the leeks, then add the mushrooms, pepper, salt and basil and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and mix them with the tomato juice, sour cream, finely chopped cheese and mushroom mixture.
- Pour the mixture in an oil-covered glass oven pan and bake for 2 hours.
- Check from time to time with a toothpick (if the toothpick comes out dry, the cake is ready).
- To make the cream sauce melt the butter, add the flour and stir continuously on low.
- Add 1 cup of cream and fresh basil and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve the mushroom cake hot with the cream sauce on top.