Bread making at home is not as hard as it may seem. Actually, you can make bread like a pro with this gourmet recipe. To bake bread out of the ordinary, we propose to you our artisan onion and sage bread recipe.
This bread looks, sounds, and tastes amazing. Moreover, you will look like an artisan bread baker with years of experience behind. The recipe is simple, and it goes like this. Let’s get bread baking.
Onion and Sage Bread Recipe
- 50 g butter/margarine
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 225 g white flour
- 225 g whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- a pinch of salt
- 300 ml of warm milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves
- Flour for the pan
- 1 tablespoon of coarse salt
- Melt the butter/margarine in a pan and soften the onion on low heat for 4-5 minutes in it.
- Mix the two flours together and add the onion butter. Add the yeast and the salt too.
- Pour the warm milk in the middle of the composition.
- Mix until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Add the fresh sage leaves too and knead the bread dough on a floured platter for 4-5 minutes.
- Let the dough rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Form the dough into a round bread, 18 cm in diameter.
- Put the bread is the greased oven tray.
- Make a cutting in the middle of the dough to allow it to rise in the oven.
- Sprinkle a little salt and flour in the cutting.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and leave for another 30 minutes in a warm place.
- In the meantime, turn on the oven.
- Bake the bread for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crispy.