If you are tired of the same old’ breakfast and want to try something completely new, then the parsnip pancakes with cream cheese recipe is for you. The savory parsnip pancake make a great breakfast idea indeed!
Parsnip is a very healthy root vegetable, way underrated, and underused. This recipe gives you the opportunity to give parsnip another change. Parsnip with cottage cheese pancakes are most delicious for breakfast!
Parsnip Pancakes with Cottage Cheese Recipe
- For the sauce:
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 75 g sour cream
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 small green onion finely cut
- For the pancakes:
- 450 g parsnip grated
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 75 g walnuts chopped
- 75 g raisins
- 50 g dehydrated apricots chopped
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 25 g butter
- Mix the cottage cheese with the sour cream, milk and green onion and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl add the parsnip, the garlic, the onion, and the milk.
- Boil on low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and add the walnuts, apricots, raisins and breadcrumbs.
- Form 8 pancakes 2 cm thick.
- Use the butter to cook the pancakes until they are brown.
- Serve with cheese sauce on top.