These potatoes and cheese croquettes are a delicious recipe everyone should try. Potatoes and cheese go so well together, you wouldn’t believe it. This recipe here is a great appetizer if you want to impress. It can also make for a delicious side dish or even a main course if you’re a vegetarian.
Yes, the potato and cheese croquettes below is a vegetarian recipe that tastes amazing. Let’s get into the recipe!
Potato and Cheese Croquettes
- 250 g cheese
- 500 g potatoes
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Boil and mash the potatoes roughly.
- Grate the cheese on the fine grater.
- Proof the yeast with a bit of lukewarm milk.
- Mix in a bowl the potatoes, the cheese, the flour, eggs, the proofed yeast, the milk and add salt.
- Knead and add extra flour if required.
- Form the croquettes with your hands, into the desired shape.
- Fry them in hot oil.
- Serve while hot with sour cream.