Try a delicious Swiss recipe, potato rösti recipe with a delicious twist of carrots and parsnip. The name of the dish rösti comes from the word “roast” basically frying, roasting. Apart from the hash browns, rösties are made from parboiled grated potatoes.
The rösti here comes with something new, an additional flavor from the grated carrots and parsnips added to the potatoes. You will absolutely love the rösti recipe if you want to try a new, simple appetizer dish. Here it is!
Potato, Carrots and Parsnip Rösti Recipe
- 450 g potatoes
- 225 g parsnip
- 225 g carrots
- 1 beaten egg
- 25 g butter / margarine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cut the potatoes in halves and boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain and leave aside to cool.
- Grate the potatoes, carrots and parsnips on the large grater.
- Mix the vegetables with the egg and season.
- Heat up the oil in a pan.
- Add the entire mixture in the pan in the hot oil.
- Fry on a low heat for 6-7 minutes until the base is done.
- Slide the mixture out of the pan, then place a plate on top and roll over.
- Put the other side of the mixture back into the pan and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Ornate the carrots and parsnip rösti with parsley leaves and serve.