Try a unique savory/sweet vegan recipe, the red cabbage with wild berries stew. The recipe is originally from the Scandinavian and Nordic countries, where wild berries are much appreciated for their nutritional value and flavor they add to any dish.
In combination with red cabbage, the wild berries will give your taste buds a totally new culinary experience.
Red cabbage stews are also popular in the Eastern European countries and Russia, where they use it for a popular soup called borsch. If you are looking few a new vegan recipe to try, the red cabbage with wild berries stew is definitely a must-try!
Red Cabbage with Wild Berries Stew Recipe (VEGAN)
- 40 g coconut oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 900 g red cabbage finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 orange only the grated peel
- 1 bay leaf
- 225 g blueberries
- Heat up the coconut oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the vinegar, sugar, cloves, orange peel, bay leaf and salt and bring to a boil.
- Leave to simmer on low heat covered for 20 minutes.
- Add the blueberries and leave cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.