Looking for a delicious vegan recipe? Look no further. Here is a super delish vegan recipe with rice stuffed tomatoes. Filled with goodies, easy to digest, and super easy to make, this recipe will make you want some more.
Stuffed tomatoes are a popular Mediterranean recipe, but this one here is meatless and totally vegan. Exactly the light, summer dish you want to feel good and stay healthy. If you haven’t tried the rice stuffed tomatoes recipe yet, here goes.
Rice Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe (VEGAN)
- 6 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 100 g rice
- 175 ml hot vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon mint chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Turn on the oven.
- Cut the top part of the tomatoes and remove the insides aside on a plate.
- Heat up the oil in a pan and add the onion and pepper.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice into the pot and simmer quickly until it turns translucent.
- Then add the tomato cores and vegetable broth and boil for 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, until the rice has absorbed all of the liquid and has softened.
- If needed, add a little more water and continue boiling.
- Add the mint, coriander, oregano and parsley and fill the tomatoes with this rice mixture.
- Place the lids on the tomatoes that you have cut and bake them in a heat-resistant pan for 15 minutes.