If you’ve enjoyed the Romanian fish roe salad, a very popular Romanian spread, then you will also enjoy its version with “fake” fish roe, which uses fish paste instead. This is for those times when you’d love to prepare a fish roe salad, but you don’t have fish roe available, only canned fish (tuna, sardines, etc).
The Delicious Romanian Fish Paste Salad Recipe
If you follow the ingredients and steps in this fish paste salad recipe, you will prepare a spread just as delicious as the Romanian fish roe salad, I promise. With very few simple ingredients you can prepare a spread-type salad that you will absolutely fall in love with, especially if you like fish.
Ready to make the delicious Romanian fish paste salad recipe? Let’s go! 👇
The Romanian Fish Paste Salad
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tbsp semolina
- 1 tbsp fish paste (you can use anchovy, tuna or sardine fish paste)
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 100 g sunflower oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 onion (small)
- Bring the water to boil in a small saucepan, and when it starts boiling, add the semolina flouer bit by bit, while stirring.
- Continue to boil, until the semolina turns into a ticker consistency paste, but still spreadable.
- Season to taste with salt and add the lemon juice. Add the finely chopped onion and combine everything well.
- Serve on a spread bowl. Yum!