If you haven’t yet tried the Russian salad recipe with potatoes and beans, I highly recommend that you try it. The popular name of this salad is Olivier Salad and is a staple recipe from mother Russia. Not only that, this salad is absolutely delicious and has no meat in it. So if you’re into vegetarian salads, the Russian salad recipe with potatoes and green beans is a must-try.
Why Make the Russian Salad Recipe?
It’s a very simple to make, very cost-effective, time-effective, and absolutely delicious salad recipe. Once you make it, you will come back to this recipe, no doubt about it. The taste of the Russian Olivier salad is out of this world
Russian Salad Recipe with Potatoes & Beans
- 300 g Potatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 70 g Green beans (1/3 can)
- 70 g Green peas (1/3 can)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 100 g Sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Hard boil the eggs as well as the potatoes and carrot.
- Smash the boiled egg yolks with a fork, add the mustard, salt and the oil, little by little, as if you are making mayonnaise. In the end, add the lemon juice and give it a good mix.
- Pour the salad dressing over the ingredients in the bowl, mix well, and leave for 15 minutes so that the ingredients absorb the dressing. Give it a final taste and adjust the salt and sour to your taste.
- Serve the Russian salad on a plate, and cover it in a thin layer of the dressing. Ready to serve!