Looking for a savory cheese and walnut tart? This delicious savory tart recipe will leave your guests impressed, no doubt about it. We love tarts, because they look sophisticated, while in fact, they are simple recipes that everyone can make.
Why The Savory Cheese and Walnut Tart?
This recipe here is a cheese and walnuts tart, that goes well as an entree or a main dish. The recipe asks for simple ingredients, such as puff pastry, cheese, walnuts, onions and (surprise) apples. Yes, this is a sweet and savory tart recipe, the kind that stands out.
Put together a simple salad, and this tart is all you need for a healthy and feeling meal. Let’s get into the recipe!
Savory Cheese and Walnuts Tart
- 75 g butter
- 2 large onions cut thin
- 75 g walnuts cut into pieces
- 150 g cheese
- 1 large apple cut into thin slices
- 12 puff pastry layers
- 3 beaten eggs
- 100 ml whipped cream 29-30% fat
- Preheat the oven.
- Melt a third of the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and cook on low heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped walnuts and the cheese and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, then add the slices of apple.
- Melt the remaining butter and slightly grease a tart oven tray, 18 cm in diameter.
- Then grease each puff pastry sheets with the remaining butter.
- Put the sheets in the tray, on by one, one on top of the other, rotating the tray 180 ° after each applied sheet. Leave approximately 1/3 of pie sheet to lean over the edges of the tray.
- Put the onion, cheese and walnuts mixture in the middle.
- Beat the eggs with the whisk, and pour over the filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the dough turns slightly brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm, with green salad.