The savory crepes with mushroom filling recipe here is absolutely BOMB. Savory crepes make perfect pair with the mushroom filling in this recipe, which is easy to make and very filling. Literally. Savory crepes never tasted better and they are also 100% vegetarian.
Our savory crepes with a delicious mushroom filling is a simple vegetarian crepes recipe that everybody will love. Recipe below!
Savory Crepes with Mushroom Filling
- 500 g mushrooms
- 3-4 eggs
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- 2 onions
- cooking oil
- 1 cup of milk / sparkling water
- 300-400 g flour
- Cut the mushrooms into slices.
- Sauté the chopped onions, then add the mushrooms and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes on medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the crepes batter by mixing 2 eggs, 1 tbsp of oil, salt, milk or sparkling water (for the vegan version).
- Add the flour step by step, to make a more runny consistency.
- The crepes batter usually gets thicker after it has been prepared, so don’t worry if the batter is rather runny, that’s how it should be for crepes.
- Add the chopped dill and 1 whisked egg to the mushrooms in the pan, mix well and turn off the heat.
- Fill the crepes with the mushrooms and roll them. Place them on an oven tray, add vegan cheese and cream on top and bake on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- You can use regular grated cheese and sour cream, for the vegetarian version of the crepes.