Discover a delicious vegan recipe with baked vegetables wrapped in cabbage leaves. It is easy to make and easy to digest and rich in vitamins and nutrients. If you’re a vegan looking for inspiration, this savory veggie cake made from vegetables wrapped in cabbage leaves is a must-try.
This is the healthy alternative for the meat cake recipes, much easier to make and way healthier. Here goes a delicious vegan recipe!
Savory Veggie Cake in Cabbage Leaves (VEGAN)
- 175 g of crushed wheat grains
- 450 ml of water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 450 g vegetables leeks, carrots, cauliflower, peppers
- 4 mushrooms cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 125 g cabbage leaves
- Pour boiling water over the crushed wheat and allow to soak for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat up the oil in a pan and sauté the garlic with the vegetables and mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and drained wheat in the pan.
- Cut the cabbage stalks off.
- Boil the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes, then strain them.
- Line a rectangular baking pan with the parboiled cabbage leaves, leaving the ends to hang outside.
- Pour the vegetable composition, stuffing it well.
- Cover the composition with the cabbage leaves that are hanging out.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the baked vegetable cake upside down on a plate.
- Serve with tomato sauce.