Discover truly tasty savory veggies & fruits tart recipe that you will absolutely love! This tart is no usually tart recipe. It is loaded with savory vegetables and sweet wild fruits that together make a unique taste.
The savory veggies and fruits tart is a great appetizer idea as well as the main course when you want to try something new. Dare to be different and challenge your taste buds with this savory veggies tart with fruits!
Savory Veggies & Fruits Tart Recipe
For the dough:
- 75 g fresh cottage cheese
- 75 g butter
- 2 tablespoons aromatic herbs thyme, oregano, parsley
- 175 g flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder and few drops of fresh lemon juice
For the filling:
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 150 g small tomatoes
- 100 g dehydrated apricots
- 8 scallions cut in half
- 2 zucchinis sliced
- 1 potato cut into cubes
- 75 g wild berries
- Mix the cheese with the butter for 30 seconds using a mixer.
- Add the aromatic herbs, the flour, the baking powder with lemon juice and a little salt to the mix.
- Stir a few more seconds and put the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, turn on the oven.
- Grease a round oven tray (23 cm diameter) with butter.
- Place the tomatoes, apricots, scallions, pumpkins, potatoes and wild berries in the pan.
- Sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper.
- Roll the dough in a round shape, a bit larger than the baking tray’s diameter.
- Place the dough on top of the vegetables and press the edges inside the mold to obtain a thicker border.
- Stick a fork in the dough in two places.
- Bake on medium-high heat for 25-30 minutes, then reduce the heat and bake for 15-20 minutes more.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then flip the tart upside down on a platter and serve.