The easiest marinated mushrooms recipe you can make is right here below. Our recipe is not just super easy to make, but also very delicious. Even more, the marinated mushrooms recipe requires only a few ingredients besides button mushrooms and everyone can easily make it.
How to Marinate Mushrooms
To marinate mushrooms, you need fresh or canner button mushrooms, or straw mushrooms. Ideally, they need to be whole, not sliced. Given that most canned mushrooms contain preservatives such as citric acid, EDTA, and other potentially harmful additives, we recommend the staw mushrooms from Roland, if you don’t have fresh mushrooms available.
In addition to mushrooms, this marinated mushrooms recipe asks for a few spices, apple vinegar, and a few days to marinate properly. Without further ado, I guarantee that this is the simplest yet most delicious mushroom marinate recipe you can easily prepare at home. Let’s get to it.
Simple Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 Glass Jar (18 oz)
- 500 g button mushrooms
- 1 bay leaf
- a few peppercorns
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Bring to a boil the vinegar with the mustard and season with salt to taste. When it starts boiling, turn the heat off.
- Put the peppercorns and bay leaf in the airtight glass jar and pour the boiled and seasoned vinegar over.
- Put the boiled and strained mushrooms in the jar over the condiments and pour 1-inch thich vegetable oil on top. Seal the jar and keep it a cool place for a few days to marinate.
- Your marinated mushrooms are ready to consume.