Try a super simple and quick white beans stew recipe, 100% vegan, and delicious. Beans are a filling and hearty meal, especially if you prepare them following this recipe. For extra flavor, white beans go very well with tomatoes, garlic, and a handful of herbs and spices.
If you’re looking for a simple and quick vegan recipe, you should definitely try the white beans recipe below. Let’s get cooking.
Simple White Beans Stew Recipe (VEGAN)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 hot peppers finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano or thyme
- 800 g white beans canned
- 800 g canned tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- 150 ml vegetable broth
- Heat up the oil and sauté the onions with the garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the hot peppers, cumin, cloves and oregano and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the white beans, canned tomatoes, tomato juice and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste and serve with red beet and horseradish salad.