Sponge cake is such a popular and versatile dessert. And everybody loves it! The best part about sponge cakes (except the taste), is the fact that you can fill and layer it with whatever you like. But this right here is the simplest sponge cake recipe that you can make. Why? It uses only 4 ingredients!!! Yes, just 4.
Why This Sponge Cake Recipe?
Chocolate Ganache, homemade vanilla pudding, sweet cream cheese, and even add fresh fruits, cake sprinkles, and whatever your heart desires. So let’s get baking the simplest sponge cake. Follow the steps below and we’ll guarantee you’ll bake a delicious sponge cake!
The Simplest Sponge Cake Recipe
- 7 eggs
- 210 g white flour
- 210 g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Prepare your baking pan by greasing it with butter and covering it with baking paper.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar well, until they turn like a cream, and their volume has increased 2 – 3 times.
- At this point you can add the flour and mix well.
- When the flour is completely incorporated, pour the cake batter in the cake pan.
- Bake on medium heat for one hour (170°C for 20-25 minutes).
- To make sure your sponge cake is fully cooked, poke it with a toothpick. If there’s no batter on the toothpick, when you take it out, the cake is done.