Discover a savory vegan recipe: stuffed bell peppers with rice, apples, and raisins and spices. This stuffed peppers vegan recipe is a delicious version of the meat recipe, for those who want a lighter meal, ideal for the summer time.
This recipe comes from the Balkans and Middle Eastern regions and is a staple in those areas. We present to you the vegan version of the stuffed peppers recipe that, and we hope you’ll love.
Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe (VEGAN)
- 125 g white rice
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 large apple peeled and cut into cubes
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g pistachios
- 3 red bell peppers cut in halves lengthwise
- 6 green onions chopped
- Heat up the oven.
- Boil the rice.
- Mix the tomatoes, green onions, apple, raisins, pistachios, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- When the rice is cooked, mix it with the tomato mixture and fill the bell pepper halves.
- Bake the stuffed bell pepper for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with cucumber salad.