This is a simple vegetarian recipe with rice-stuffed tomatoes Mediterranean style, easy and delicious. The tomatoes filled with rice recipes are very popular in Lebanon and other parts of the Mediterranean coast. A light, vegetarian and simple Mediterranean cuisine recipe indeed.
Why These Stuffed Tomatoes?
The rice in this recipe is very rich in flavor and super easy to make. The tomatoes are so healthy and delicious, while the olives are packed with healthy fats. If you follow the 5 steps of the Mediterranean tomatoes recipe you will end up with a tasty and delicious vegetarian dish, ideal for these hot days of summer.
Stuffed Tomatoes Mediterranean Style
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 1 glass of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 1 cup white rice
- 400 g chicken stock
- 8 sliced olives
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 4 to matoes
- Saute the onion and then pour the orange juice and simmer for 1 minute.
- Boil the rice with in the chicken stock together with the orange peel until is fully cooked.
- Add the olives and raisins in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Pour the sautéed and simmered onion in the rice and mix.
- Cut the top lids off each tomato, remove the inside and stuff them with the Mediterranean style rice.