Try the original Frittata recipe, a classic Italian breakfast recipe that’s been passed on from generation to generation.
Frittata is the name of a popular Italian omelet. It is almost as a basic omelet, but with added veggies or meat, which make it more hearty and filling. Try the frittata recipe yourself.
The Original Frittata Recipe
- 25 g butter
- 450 g leeks cut rounds
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 185 g olives without seeds
- 100 g sliced red tomatoes
- Heat up the oven.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and shallow fry the leeks for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Beat the eggs with green parsley, salt, pepper.
- Pour the eggs over the leeks.
- Add the olives and tomatoes and leave to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the surface has fully cooked.
- Serve with tomato salad with cucumbers.