This is the original Spaghetti Bolognese recipe as they make it in Italy. The authentic Italian Bolognese recipe sauce is made with ground beef and some ground pork for extra flavor and simmered for 2 hours. While this may seem a lot of time to spend on a recipe, there’s isn’t much to do, but chop, sautee and then wait. The wait is well-deserves, trust us.
Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Bolognese Sauce
Delicious, full of flavor, and very filling, Bolognese sauce spaghetti is one of the most popular Italian pasta dishes. The original Bolognese is right below. Try it and tell us if you liked our recipe.
The Original Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 carrot cut to pieces
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 50 g minced pork
- 450 g ground beef
- 150 ml red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 250 g spaghetti
- Sauté the onion and the garlic in a pan for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the carrot, the celery and the pork and cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- At this point add the minced beef and cook until the meat turns brown in color.
- Add the wine, tomato paste and tomatoes, and season.
- Bring everything to a boil and after the first boil stir and cook over low heat for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Serve on top of the cooked spaghetti.