If you haven’t yet had vegan Güveç before, this is the moment to try a new and healthy recipe. Our Güveç here is a potful of flavorful veggies slow-cooked and loaded with spices for extra aromas. Give this recipe a try.
Vegan Güveç Recipe (Guvetch)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion cut julienne
- 2 red bell peppers cut in strips
- 5 zucchinis cut in strips
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Heat up the oil in a saucepan.
- Saute the onion and the bell peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchinis the garlic and half of the thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, the tomato sauce and the remaining thyme.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until very little liquid remains.
- Season and serve warm.