This vegan pate made from porcini mushrooms has the texture of the classic pork or chicken liver pate but is 100% healthy, quick and easy to make, and absolutely delicious. This vegan mushroom pate recipe is our tasty invention that we really wanted to share with you so that you can enjoy it too.
Why The Vegan Porcini Mushroom Pâté?
The porcini mushrooms are amongst the most fragrant and tasty wild mushrooms out there. In addition, they have a considerable amount of protein, namely 25g per 100g, only 5g less than turkey, and 1 g MORE than chicken, beef, and salmon. You heard that right! Did you know that the protein in wild forest mushrooms is intermediate between animal and vegetable?
Wild forest mushrooms and porcini mushrooms in particular also have many vitamins and minerals, worth mentioning: Vitamin D, iron, copper, antioxidants (L-Ergothioneine), and have amazing anti-cancer properties. Basically, the vegan mushroom pate recipe here is not just a fasting recipe, it is a healing recipe.
Last but not least, this vegan mushroom pate is much easier and faster to make than a pork or chicken liver pate and is an appetizer that will impress your guests. Try out the very best vegan pate recipe, a porcini mushroom pate with walnuts and a few simple spices for extra flavor, gluten-free, and 100% healthy!
Vegan Porcini Mushroom Pâté
- Non-Stick Fryin Pan
- Food Processor
- 500 g Frozen porcini mushrooms
- 50 g Walnuts
- 1 large Onion (200 g peeled)
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil for cooking
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
- 50 ml Water
- Roast the walnut kernels over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring to avoid burning. After the walnut has browned a little and started to smell nice, grind it in a food processor or in a mortar until it is finely ground.
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the finely chopped onion.
- After the onion has softened a bit, add the defrosted porcini mushrooms, and the spices: thyme, salt, pepper and crushed garlic cloves.
- We continue to temper the mushrooms until they start to brown a little, and the water in them has completely evaporated.
- Put the sauteed mushrooms, water and lemon juice in the food processor fan pulse for few seconds, then add the chopped walnuts and chop until you get a fine pate.
- The vegan porcini mushroom pate is ready to serve! We guarantee that it is an absolutely delicious and very healthy appetizer with the classic texture of pate but with a strong aroma of wild forest mushrooms.