Try a simple savory vegetable lattice tart, a vegetarian main course, and appetizer. This veggie lattice tart is not only good looking but also super delicious. You can serve it with a sour cream sauce or a simple fresh salad and everyone will think you’re a pro cook.
The veggie tart recipe below is simple to make, vegetarian, and an absolute treat! If you are looking for new appetizer tart ideas, we wholeheartedly invite you to try our vegetable lattice tart recipe right here. Let’s get baking!
Vegetable Lattice Tart Recipe (VEGETARIAN)
- 350 g tart dough
- 50 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 150 ml white wine
- 450 ml vegetable broth from concentrate
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 225 g shallots cut in halves
- 3 crushed cloves garlic
- 225 g leeks cut into rounds
- 50 g green peas
- 175 g small tomatoes cut into quarters
- 150 ml liquid whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons chives
- Turn on the oven.
- Sprinkle a round pie tray (23 cm diameter) with flour and spread 2/3 of the tart dough in the tray.
- Put the rest of the dough in the fridge.
- Poke the dough in the tray with a fork and put in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter, add the flour and stir on low heat for 1 minute.
- Take off the heat and add the wine and vegetable broth.
- Simmer on low heat until the flour mixture thickened.
- Incorporate the egg yolks and then leave aside.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and leeks in hot oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the peas, the tomatoes, and half of the flour mixture.
- Season to taste and pour the filling into the tart pan.
- Cut the remaining dough into 12 mm strips.
- Place the strips in to make the lattices on top of the tart, and press the edges to glue.
- Anoint the lattice with milk.
- Bake the tart in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until browned.
- Pour the remaining sauce into a pan and heat gently.
- Add the whipped cream and 2/3 of the chives into the sauce and now the sauce is done.
- Sprinkle the remaining chives over the veggie tart.
- Serve with green salad and sauce.