Everybody loves a fresh out of the oven tart. The recipe below is a savory vegetable tart recipe loaded with veggies and a few other simple ingredients. It is easy to make even if you haven’t make tarts before. Cool like a pro French chef and try our veggie tart recipe.
Vegetable Tart Recipe
- 350 g tart dough
- 50 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 150 ml white wine
- 450 ml vegetable soup from concentrate
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 225 g small onions cut in halves
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 225 g leeks cut into rounds
- 50 g green peas
- 175 g small tomatoes cut into quarters
- 150 ml liquid whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons chives
- Heat up the oven.
- Spread 2/3 of dough in a pie oven tray (23 cm diameter) covered with flour.
- Keep the rest of the dough is the fridge.
- Use a fork to puncture the dough in the tray and then put it in the fridge too for 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter and add flour while stirring on low heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from the stove and add the wine and vegetable soup.
- Stir on low heat until it thickens.
- Add the yolks and leave aside.
- Sautee the onion, garlic and leeks in hot oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the green peas and the tomatoes.
- Add half of the butter sauce over the sautéed veggies.
- Season and pour the veggies over the tart dough in the pan.
- Cut the remaining dough into 12 mm wide strips.
- Place the dough strips over the tart, as you would with a pie.
- Press the edges make sure they stay foot.
- Anoint the tart with milk and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, until it turns brown.
- Pour the remaining sauce into a pan and heat up gently.
- Add liquid whipped cream and 2/3 chives.
- Use the remaining chives for decoration.
- Serve the tart with lettuce salad and sauce.